Skip To Content


Liquor License - Additional Permits and Resources

Starting a new business requires getting the appropriate permits and license in addition to your liquor license.  Below are some common entities that businesses and associated permits that may be required to start business. 

City of Davenport

Revenue Division - 563-326-7707 - Business Licenses including game machines, public dance hall, cigarette, pool tables, juke boxes, live entertainment licenses.  Click here for more information.

Building Code Enforcement - 563-326-7745 - If you are planning any renovations or HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical work on an existing space or building, or if you will be occupying a new space or building.

State of Iowa

Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division - 515-281-7400

      Click here for Forms, Posters, and Educational information offered by the Iowa ABD

      Click here for Iowa ABD fee schedule

Iowa Department of Revenue and Finance - (515) 281-3114 or (800) 367-3388 for Iowa Sales Tax Permit

Iowa Secretary of State - (515) 242-5204 - Questions regarding forming a corporation

Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals - (515) 281-6848 for Social Gambling Permit

Iowa Lottery - 800-228-0010 for Lottery License

Federal Government

Internal Revenue Service - 563-326-6052 for Employer Federal ID

U. S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - 513-684-2979 for Federal Special Occupational Tax Permit ("Special Tax Stamp").

Scott County

Health Department - 563-326-8618 - Food Service Inspections